got my new girl at last

View previous topic View next topic Go down

got my new girl at last

Post  jovanna1 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:33 pm

hi im so excited i got my new girl today she is so lovely, will ad photos as soon as i can
jovanna1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Get snapping

Post  tipsymil on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:12 am

Get snapping, can't wait to see her Very Happy
tipsymil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: got my new girl at last

Post  jovanna1 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:11 am

well here she is her name is now coco the pick im using is if from the ad i seen her on, i will be taking photos of my own in a few weeks, but i want her to put on some weight first as she looks very skinny at the moment i would say she needs a good few pounds on her

jovanna1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Beautiful

Post  tipsymil on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:14 am

She's beautiful, is she a rescue Frenchie, please don't tell me she's been ill treated, we are starting to get a lot of rescue Bostons lately, i had to fetch a 7 month old from Aberystwyth only a few weeks ago, he was so thin it was unbelievable, i had to feed him up for a couple of weeks before i could re home him, but all ended happily , had a email and photo of him only yesterday, he's has happy as Larry now.
tipsymil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jovanna1 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:02 am

hiya no im sure she wasnt badly treated i think it was because she was running with alot of other dogs and they were all at each others food and she didnt get much of a look in. awwwww i love boston terriers poor little chap glad hes found a good home now, i know where to come when i want one now then Very Happy i would love to get one for my son as he wants a dog of his own,
jovanna1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tipsymil on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:20 am

This is the little boy i re homed, the one at the front, he was lovely ) just cannot understand some people.
tipsymil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jovanna1 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:48 am

OMG he is so gorgeouse. No i also dont understand how people can do that to an animal, we hit a hard times about 12 years ago where we couldnt afford to go and do shopping or anything really, and sometimes didnt have anything good to eat for days on end and i was also 4 months pregnant, but our dogs and cat always had a food and would never go a day without, we would have felt so guilty if we had let them go without, and back then you didt seem to have as many cheap dry dog and cat foods as there are now,, glad to say we are better off now then what we were, never want to see days like that again. Do you rescue bostons often ?
jovanna1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

re homed

Post  tipsymil on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:38 am

i was on the Boston terrier committee for over 20 years, i only resigned last year, i had more to do with re homed and rescue then, but i still get the odd phone call, but if you go to a club show there's nearly always someone there wanting to re home a Boston, usually if it's a dog it's because he doesn't show well, if it's a girl perhaps she can't have any more pups for some reason or other, or to old for breeding, when you show coco ( which will be soon i hope) i'll introduce you to some people who are mostly likely to re home, frenchies are always the same day as Bostons, Then when you're ready for a Boston you'll have some contacts, sunny
tipsymil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jovanna1 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:35 pm

oh thats great, i want to get her in tip top condition now so she can be shown this year,

heres a few pics i took today she has put on a bit of weight in just a few days so i dont mind putting them on now

this one was taken on the day i got her

Last edited by jovanna1 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
jovanna1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jovanna1 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:39 pm

only just seen this but in the photos coco looks brown and bella looks jet black, but they both look black when they ar in front of me, could this just be becaus she is out of condition ?
jovanna1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jovanna1 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:03 am

right OK after a long time studying both Bella and coco in the garden and in the house under different lights we say she is a really deep dark brown, i don't know if that will change as she gets back into condition.
jovanna1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Mahogany

Post  tipsymil on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:40 am

She looks more Mahogany brindle to me on her head, which is lovely, not so dark as Coco, my Zak is Mahogany brindle, when the sun shines on him he looks beautiful, you'll soon get her in condition with you're TLC. don't think the lovely Brindle is showing up on these pics I've put on. is Coco getting on OK with her. Wink
tipsymil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jovanna1 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:08 am

bella and coco are getting on great they play for ages, The only problem we are having at the moment is with the cat, he is such a big softie and doesn't seem to see danger in any dog and just wants to go to her and play, but shes a bit to rough and wants to mouth him im sure she would rag him if i didnt have her on a lead at the time, so im having to keep her on a lead on at all times when the cat is near, but im sure we will get there with a bit of time.
I love the pictures you have put on today there just great, Very Happy
jovanna1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

new pictures soonish

Post  jovanna1 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:04 am

im going to have to get some new photos of coco soon as im sooooo pleased on how she is starting to fill out i have only had her just over a week and she is almost how she should be i cant feel her ribs as much as i could, i can still feel the bumps down her spine at the moment though, i wouldnt say she is much of a show dog though as her lower teeth are a bit on the wonk. i still love her to bits all the same.
jovanna1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cat

Post  tipsymil on Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:10 am

Of course you still love her to bits even with wonky teeth, anyway i can't see you sending her back, definitely got her feet well and truly under the table now, she'll be a different dog in a couple of weeks with all you're TLC, how is she with the cat now. Smile or how is the cat with Coco. Smile
tipsymil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jovanna1 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:43 am

here is a new one of her taken today

Last edited by jovanna1 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
jovanna1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jovanna1 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:06 am

Oh no shes not going anywhere she is staying here with us now,, i just feel a bit ripped off as she was supposed to have been a show type and i was told she was shown in canada and done well from what they said,, i have looked up her breeders website, her father is a champion her mother is now a champion and her 2 litter sisters are both show dogs as well from what i can see, i was sooo looking forward to going in the show ring with her this year as well, looks like im going to have to see how little bella turns out. Oh and she doing alot better with the cat now as well i think its going to be a few weeks before i can trust her fully though.
jovanna1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Don't give up hope

Post  tipsymil on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:42 am

If you can see her teeth when her mouth is closed ( that's not good ) but if they don't show she might be OK, Boston's teeth aren't what you'd call perfect but if they don't show when the mouth is closed then that's acceptable in the show ring, So I'm thinking Frenches would be the same ( English bulldogs have terrible teeth ) I've seen those being shown with the bottom teeth showing, don't give up hope, you may be able to show her yet, are you a member of any Frenchie club's, you can always show her at an open club show first,just to see what you're up against, then go from there. ( Good luck with the cat ) cat
tipsymil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jovanna1 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:25 pm

hi no im not a member of any frenchie clubs but i would like to be. how would i go about doing that like i said before i dont really have much of a clue when it comes to showing or clubs, but i would think it would be very helpful to be in a club and get some more info.
jovanna1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Frenchie Friend

Post  tipsymil on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:46 am

A Frenchie friend sent me all this information, (French bulldog of England) secretary's name Penny Rankine email ( HonSecFBCE@aol.com (Midland and Nothern French Bulldog Club ) name Tina Jopling email
tinajopling@hotmail.com Hope this helps cheers
tipsymil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jovanna1 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:06 am

oh thanx for the info i will email them at some point this week, and see how i go from their
jovanna1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top