regurgitation after eating

View previous topic View next topic Go down

regurgitation after eating

Post  joemateo on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:08 am

Hello all,

This is my first topic but I'm pretty stressed out about it all. My lovely 10 month year old male Frenchie regurgitates after eating every meal. He's not underweight or fatigued in any way and his diet has not changed since we got him 6 months ago (Pedigree puppy food Chicken and Rice - Dry and Wet). I feed him 3 times a day but small quantities and I've tried the variations of wetting his dry food, feeding him a mix of both and just wet food. Each time he brings it up.
I don't feed him any treats and he doesn't drink much water (so I mix it with the food).

Has anyone had a similar experience? Is there a specific brand of food I should get?

Thanks



joemateo

Posts : 2
Join date : 2013-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: regurgitation after eating

Post  Keith A on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:09 pm

my puppy does this quite regularly and she is 12 weeks old. She was on Royal Canin and I changed her to Wainwrights and it improved her a little. I have now changed her to Naturediet and she is doing it a lot less but she still does it occasionally. My last Frenchie I had for 9 year and she never done this. If she is on dry it may not suit him. Sorry I can,t be of any help but hang in there.

Keith

Keith A

Posts : 7
Join date : 2013-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: regurgitation after eating

Post  joemateo on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:57 am

Thanks Keith,

I am continuously worried about him. We took him into the vet as a week ago as he started vomiting and looked like he couldn't breath, and was staggering. They put him on a drip and x-rayed him, thought they saw a foreign body as there was a white area in his intestine. Still they found nothing apart from swollen lymph nodes. I'm waiting for the biopsy results but he's been cleared of Pancreatic, liver, clear blood-works. He's got a moderate soft palette and esophagus so apparently nothing to worry about yet. It could still be a hernia but that means another test.

He's back home now so on antibiotics, anti acid and peptic liquid. He's eating Royal Canin sensitivity control (chicken and rice) which is like mush. Whilst he is definitely getting livelier and he has appetite for food (not so much water -although he's not dehydrated) he still sometimes regurgitates and sometimes gags after eating no matter how much we spread it out to slow him down.

I'm so stressed out and tired. If anyone out there has experienced anything similar please let me know.

Thanks
Joe

joemateo

Posts : 2
Join date : 2013-03-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: regurgitation after eating

Post  Keith A on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:51 pm

Hi Joe

I am suffering very similar symptoms with my bitch Bella. We have changed her onto Naturediet wet complete and she loves it and regurgitates a lot less. We do put a small amount of Royal Canin kebble for French Bulldog junior in also and she is doing fine. She does gag sometimes when we take her out but the vet thinks she will grow out of it.

The swollen lymph nodes are worrying and good luck with that, I hope it turns out to be nothing. Let me know how he gets on.

Regards

Keith

Keith A

Posts : 7
Join date : 2013-03-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: regurgitation after eating

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum